Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Words

Words were all we had The beautiful patterns that formed When I typed to you and waited for a reply Words were all we had… and we spoke into the wee hours till the birds chirped us a lullaby for words were all we had But They weren’t mere words... They were unseen bridges The pathways that led us To the wondrous lands in our hearts The paradise of joy- unexplored Yet they were words after all When thoughts misguided and dictated Prejudices and presumptions reigned The paradise seemed a silly place Words struggled and choked Losing all meaning silence darkened Now I see no joyful paradise of hearty laughs and heartfelt songs Just nothingness that corrodes Each word that germinates, thus We lost only thing we had.. words… Words were all we had… Yet they were words after all

No comments:

Charukeshi

Hold my sways as I behold you With your divine flute -playing That strums my heart and it sings My limbs then come alive in a dance ...