Thursday, September 17, 2009

MY LITTLE BOY!!!

16 September 2009

I had been to my son’s school today to pay some fees and while I walked down the stairs out of the school I saw pupils walking into the school. As always a host of helping maids were standing through out the path from the school bus to the class room doors. I thought that their job was so pleasurable, to be in company of all these innocent & beautiful minds. Even though they do this daily, every time I see them, they look cheerful and interested in welcoming the toddlers. I noticed that some of them couldn’t resist but place a kiss on some of the kids' cheek.

Seeing all this with amusement as I walk down I see Sumedh at the end of the pavement with a alert look on his face. Helped by a Maushi as he calls her, he climbed two steps to the pavement and started walking towards another series of stairs. He saw me and said “Amma, Hi” and came to me. His grown-up-boy-like “hi” surprised me. He dint show his surprise at seeing me and greeted me in a professional way. I told him to walk to the class room with his friends and said that I would meet him as usual at our building gate. As he walked past I couldn’t hold back the little tears in my eyes. He turned and smiled at me once and then happily disappeared with all his peers.

The smile on my face which appeared on seeing him froze there for another half an hour. This was the first time I saw him without me heheheh!!!??? Yes, the first time I saw him independent, all by himself, responsible. My little boy, who clung to me every second, who needed me for every small thing, my own little part seeking attention 24*7; was now walking with small steps towards Life, towards being a free individual. He had grown out of me, but I think I still need time to grow out of him.

5 comments:

Joyer said...

Perfect last statement.

A yet to grow dad

Joyer

Anu said...

I guess being a mother is a wonderful experience. Yes, we all need to grow out of them but not without them :)
Very nicely penned thoughts.

Anu

anupama said...

Joyer- thank you!

Anu- Thank you for stopping by. I too agree with you. Motherhood has taught me so many things.

Anupama

pallavi said...

hey anu. It was very touching one. Every day I feel the pinch when I leave my son in the daycare.

raji said...

nice one anu..you have gone to the depths of every mother's heart .

Charukeshi

Hold my sways as I behold you With your divine flute -playing That strums my heart and it sings My limbs then come alive in a dance ...